Darkglass Electronics have announced the launch of a brand new product, shipping from Audio Distribution Group this week.
Fully compatible with bass, electric guitars or indeed any kind of instrument, Element Headphone Amp and Cabinet Simulator is the complete device for instrumentalists wanting/requiring silent practice at home or as the end of a pedalboard signal chain.
Add in the latest Bluetooth streaming technology to listen to backing tracks from a smartphone or tablet while playing, rehearsing or studying, two headphone outputs to allow interaction with other players and the Element becomes one of the most helpful tools musicians can have to help make music at home!
Element Headphone Amp and Cabinet Simulator
With a uniquely innovative approach, the Element incorporates cutting edge design and technology into a seemingly simple device.
On the surface, this useful headphone amp is designed to handle the very core task of every musician – practice. But the Element goes much further than that, making it a crafted tool to expand your musical reach.
- HQ Headphone Amp – drives 2 sets of headphones
- IR Cabinet Simulations
- Free Darkglass Suite – for loading additional IRs via USB or Bluetooth
- Bluetooth and 3.5 mm Aux connections – allows jamming with backing tracks
- Tough metal housing with unique control surface
- Powered by 9-12 V DC PSU
(centre -, 2.1 mm, ~ 250 mA current draw)
Inspired by the touch sensor technology used in our Hyper Luminal·Compressor, this non-conventional pedal is completely minimalistic with a plain surface and zero knobs. Element utilises three fully-tactile slider potentiometers, each with positioning LEDs. These not only render the Element visually appealing, it also makes it extremely intuitive to use.
Out of the box, Element offers a bank of 5 cabinet simulations and the ability to add many more through the Darkglass Suite, via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth. In addition to a continuously increasing database of Impulse Responses, the Darkglass Suite also has the potential to load any custom IR that you may have, from different sources. Plus, as time goes on, there will be future upgrades that further increases the functionality of the device.
Fully compatible with bass, electric guitars or indeed any kind of instrument, this headphone amplifier is the complete device for instrumentalists wanting/requiring silent practice at home or as the end of a pedalboard signal chain. You even can even hook it up to an amplifier output (with a separate load or speaker cabinet connected) and send the signal out to the PA or to recording systems via the XLR DI output.
Add in the latest Bluetooth A2DP technology to listen to backing tracks from your smartphone or tablet while playing, rehearsing or studying, two headphone outputs to allow interaction with other players and the Element becomes one of the most helpful tools you will have to help you make music!
- Input impedance: 2 M ohm, 18 k ohm, 12 k ohm
- Signal Level Attenuation: 0dB, -12dB, -30dB
Max. 900 W amplifier can be connected to input (external load/cabinet required)
- Parallel output: Passive output for speaker/load connection when using Element with an amplifier
- Aux In: 3.5mm stereo input
- Bluetooth: Stereo audio (A2DP). Impulse loading via Bluetooth with the Darkglass Suite.
- DI output: Balanced XLR with ground lift switch
- Dynamic range: 105 dB (A-weighted)
- Sample rate/ Resolution: 48 kHz @ 24-bit (Latency < 2.2 ms)
- Impulse response: 5 impulse slots plus bypass setting
- Headphone connectors: Dual 3.5mm stereo outputs with individual volume controls
- USB connector: Micro USB C