Taking all that made the original, award-winning Forté bass amplifier such a well-defined tone champion, the Forté Dadds Jim Bergantino’s Big Fat Tube (BFT) and Parallel Dynamic Circuitry™ technologies and in the process moves this compact amp platform up a whole other notch.
“Combining the BFT circuit with Parallel Dynamic Circuitry™ delivers exactly what bass players crave out of tube amplifiers but all in an easy to use, compact and lightweight format. From pristine and sparkling clean tones, to mildly pushed tube drive, to super heavy, mix-shredding saturation and everything in between, it’s all here and in spades,” states Bergantino.
- Lightweight, yet powerful compact bass amplifier
- One-knob BFT (Big Fat Tube) Drive circuit
- Built in Parallel Dynamic Circuitry – adds note definition and thickening
- 800W RMS output (@ 2.67/2 Ω), 700W RMS (@ 4Ω), 350W RMS (@ 8Ω)
- 4-Band EQ
- Bright switch
- Auxiliary input and headphone jacks – for personal monitor and practice use
- Effects send and return loop
- Dual Speakon outputs
- Studio-quality DI – selectable Pre or Post EQ
- Line output – tuner out
BFT (Big Fat Tube) Technology
“We’ve painstakingly analyzed those core drive attributes to give the modern bass player all of the good and none of the bad. You want that sweet, intoxicating soft clip purr? It’s in there. How about grit and growl to give you some more presence in a mix? Yep, it’s there too. What about a massively saturated tube amp pushed within an inch of its life? You’ve absolutely got it with the Forté D”.
“This drive is just as tight and controlled at a soft clip as it is full bore. Try it at low settings for just the right harmonic chime or max it out to really saturate your bass tone. With just a single knob, Bergantino has distilled drive and its nuances right down to the lowest common denominator – TONE. Tone that you don’t have to spend hours dialing in – we’ve done all the hard work for you”!
“But what if you desire pristine and sparkling clean tones? Not to worry, simply turn off the BFT technology and you’ve more than got it”. – Bergantino
Bergantino’s new Parallel Dynamic Circuitry™ builds on all of the best attributes of their compression wizardry found in some of their other products, then optimises it for bass automatically for a sweet, note-thickening magic.
This new technology seamlessly integrates with the BFT drive feature, allowing for a very sensitive, touch dynamic that inspires, not only to achieve that pushed tube amplifier tone, but get the wonderful FEEL of total interaction between the player and amp.
Power on Tap
Many brands sadly often rate their amps without real world verifiable figures. Forté D features a custom tuned, yet powerful amplifier module and will provide up to genuine 800W RMS power depending on the speaker load. At 8Ω (for example: a single small cab) Forté D will provide 350W RMS, @ 4Ω this is increased to 700W RMS, while at a 2 or 2.67 Ω load the power output goes to 800W RMS.
Speaker impedance of the connected cabinets can also be matched from the front panel, this permits for optimal power transfer and allows the Forté D to function safely right down to a 2-ohm minimum load.
EQ and Filter
Forté D features a traditional 4-Band EQ with frequencies that have been chosen to compliment the majority of bass styles.
Bass: +/- 10dB @ 63Hz
Lo-Mid: +/- 10dB @ 250Hz
Hi-Mid: +/- 10dB @ 1kHz
Treble: +/- 10dB @ 3.5kHz
The Bright Switch also allows you to tailor the tone even more, enabling additional presence to the sound (+6dB @ 6.5kHz).
- Forté D features a myriad of connectivity options to suit many situations.
- Dual Speakon outputs allow you to hook up multiple cabinets without daisy chaining.
- The built-in studio-quality XLR Direct Output is selectable Pre or Post EQ from the front panel. This is ideal for recording in the studio or just for giving the house PA a suitably balanced line signal to work with. In addition, the secondary Line Output gives another option whether you want an additional Pre-amp output or perhaps want to run the amp to an external tuner.
- For adventurous and creative musicians, effects can add a lot to your sound. With the Forté D effects send and return loop, you can insert these effects directly after the preamp for more artistic tonal options.
- The front-mounted 3.5mm/1/8th” Auxiliary input allows you to hook in your phone, computer or an MP3 player for playing along with recorded music or another line level signal, like synths or drum machines for example.
- As the Forté D can actually be safely run without a speaker load, the headphone jack provides a useful personal monitoring and practice solution. This makes it perfect for your late-night practice sessions or when you just don’t want to disturb the neighbors!